As Head of Finance, you are responsible for financial and management accounting. You maintain contact with the accountant, banks and with the various department heads and employees within the organization. Your team has 2 FTE, you are part of the AFS Group management team and report directly to the CEO, Hein Siemerink. Besides the day-to-day responsibilities and managing the team, we expect critical thinking and innovation in and of current financial processes.
- Overseeing the operational business support activities related to Finance.
- Direct management of the team (tasks: financial administration, tax affairs, control, supervisory & management reporting and managing employee participation plans).
- Expand and improve the internal organization and systems.
- Strategic partner for board and other management team members.
- Monitoring financial health and resource needs of the Group.
- Partnering with the different Directors, teams, and external stakeholders.
What we expect:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in finance.
- At least five years’ experience in a finance related job (The Big Four, accounting, corporate environment).
- Knowledge of financial markets / broker world.
- Experience in managing deal processes, modelling, pitching, and negotiating transactions and documentation.
- A strategic entrepreneurial mindset with a hands-on mentality.
- Outstanding analytical and strategic thinking abilities, coupled with a talent for transforming financial data into practical insights and actionable recommendations.
- Fluent in Dutch and English. Any other additional language is a plus.
What we offer:
- Working in an awesome, ambitious, and driven high-performing team.
- A unique workplace on the Stock Exchange floor in the centre of Amsterdam.
- An organization where there is room for your refreshing ideas, talent development and growth and where your input is greatly valued.
- Energetic and friendly colleagues from all over the world (more than 30 nationalities)
- 27 days off per year.
- Free inhouse fitness.
- A performance-based bonus scheme.
Get in touch!
Are you ready for a new challenge and would you like to become part of our team? Then send your application via the application form. Do you have any questions about the procedure or this challenging role? Then please contact our Recruiter, Wietske de Hart, at: Recruitment@afsgroup.nl or +31 (0)20 570 72 56.
About AFS Group
AFS Group (AFS) is an international-oriented steady growing financial service provider in the heart of Amsterdam with more than 80 FTE. Predecessors go back 170 years. For financial institutions, corporate clients, and government bodies AFS is specialized in brokerage, advice, and execution regarding financial instruments (such as shares, deposits, bonds, and derivatives). In addition, AFS facilitates in-house (regulated) electronic trading platforms and is administrator for securities (safe keeping).
AFS Group is the mother company of AFS Energy (our fastest growing entity) and has 3 other minority participations. As Head of Finance, you are responsible for the control of the management report of those 4 participants. (F&A).